Splinter is looking for a designer who creates visually stunning work based on strategic objectives – someone who sees the bigger picture. For you, taking a project from idea to completion is just the way things need to be. And honing a brand or developing a campaign for a variety of media is a good way to keep things interesting.
At Splinter, you’ll work on a wide range of projects, everything from web design to environmental design. Some of these will be independent projects, but you are encouraged to work alongside teammates – sharing ideas and providing constructive critiques.
The daily grind includes coffee breaks and puppy belly rubs.
What we’re looking for:
- A post-secondary degree in Graphic Design.
- You must be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite and have a solid understanding of HTML, CSS, and WordPress. Working knowledge of other design programs such as Sketch or InVision is also encouraged.
- A thorough understanding of design applications including print-production processes, UI/UX principles, and responsive web capabilities. It’s essential our designers are able to discuss their vision with print and development partners.
- Solid time management skills and the ability to balance multiple projects concurrently.
- An engaged teammate, with the ability to listen and participant in constructive feedback.
- The ability to develop creative concepts that align with strategic objectives. Purposeful design does not happen by accident and we want to provide our clients with work that achieves their goals.
- A wide knowledge base and curious spirit with an aptitude for creative thinking and problem-solving. With each new design challenge comes an opportunity to take ideas beyond convention.