Splinter is looking for a designer who creates visually stunning work based on strategic objectives – someone who sees the bigger picture. For you, taking a project from idea to completion is just the way things need to be. And honing a brand or developing a campaign for a variety of media is a good way to keep things interesting.
At Splinter, you’ll work on a wide range of projects, everything from web design to environmental design. Some of these will be independent projects, but you are encouraged to work alongside teammates – sharing ideas and providing constructive critiques.
The daily grind includes coffee breaks and puppy belly rubs.
What we’re looking for:
- A post-secondary degree in Graphic Design.
- You must be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite and have a solid understanding of HTML, CSS, and WordPress. Working knowledge of other design programs such as Sketch or InVision is also encouraged.
- A thorough understanding of design applications including print-production processes, UI/UX principles, and responsive web capabilities. It’s essential our designers are able to discuss their vision with print and development partners.
- Solid time management skills and the ability to balance multiple projects concurrently.
- An engaged teammate, with the ability to listen and participant in constructive feedback.
- The ability to develop creative concepts that align with strategic objectives. Purposeful design does not happen by accident and we want to provide our clients with work that achieves their goals.
- A wide knowledge base and curious spirit with an aptitude for creative thinking and problem-solving. With each new design challenge comes an opportunity to take ideas beyond convention.
Are you a talented developer of all things digital? Splinter is looking for someone that can build and maintain responsive websites, code email templates and Google ads, and interactive digital displays. The ideal person has a strong understanding of how design translates to web and the coding ability to make it happen.
You’ll be working alongside designers to create engaging, purposeful designs with a strategic foundation. Our team members have a passion for solving complex problems in a fast-paced, flexible environment. We like to challenge ourselves to find creative ways to enhance user experiences.
What we’re looking for:
- The ability to work out technical challenges and explain solutions clearly to non-technical designers and clients.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and InVision. Along with a basic knowledge of design and typography. This will aid in communication and collaboration with the design team.
- Familiarity with current web standards, optimization techniques and best practices. Tech advances quickly and we need our devs to be actively researching new technologies, digital trends, and web application tools.
- Experience creating and developing custom-built WordPress sites with responsive design, semantic markup, and mobile optimization.
- The ability to test and troubleshoot compatibility issues across browsers and devices to deliver clean, secure, pixel-perfect code.
- A desire to learn and work collaboratively and communicate effectively with design teams to take approved UI designs and make them a reality.
- Regularly monitor websites and produce reports on their current status, with recommendations for updates of content and design.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to produce high-level work within a deadline.
Experience with .NET or ASP development is a plus.
Applicants with a design background are highly regarded.
Interns at Splinter don’t just get coffee and endlessly retouch photos – you’ll work on client projects, learn what it means to manage a brand, and hopefully pick up some mad keyboard shortcuts (in addition to retouching plenty of photos).
As part of the team, you’ll gain experience following projects through from beginning to end. Which means working on multiple aspects of a project, including copywriting, photography, print and web design, and production. We’re a small team, so every member counts and we expect you to bring your A game.
What we’re looking for:
- You must have a solid understanding of design principles, proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite and a basic understanding of HTML, CSS, and WordPress.
- Close attention to detail and an affinity for precision.
- A desire to collaborate and a willingness to learn. We consider interns part of the team, we want you to be able to express your ideas as well as being open to critique and new experiences.
- Self-motivated to explore new concepts, technologies and techniques. It’s important to think beyond the typical solutions in order to create successful, unique designs for our clients.